Q101’S “GOLDEN TICKET” CONTEST
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WKQX-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, located at 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Suite 600 Chicago, IL 60611, during normal business hours Monday through Friday, on the station website www.q101.com or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Q101’s “Golden Ticket” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 60 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 30 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 60 days Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A Person may qualify only one (1) time during this Contest, and only one (1) Qualifier per immediate family member and/or household.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 6:00am CT on Monday, August 1st, 2022 and will run through 9:00pm CT on Saturday, August 27th, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. There are two ways to enter:
a. On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays at or around 6:00am, 7:00am, 8:00am, 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm, and 6:00pm CT during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the “cue-to-text” sounder, send a text message with the announced keyword spelled correctly to 312-591-8300. All entries must be received within thirty (30) minutes of the keyword announcement to be eligible for a chance to win a prize. Message and data rates may apply. Station has no responsibility for any fees or charges associated with any text messages entrant sends or receives in connection with the Contest. Entrant agrees to receive messages from Station from time to time relating to the Contest, the Station, and any Contest sponsor or prize provider. Limit one (1) entry per person per phone number.
Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to text later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished; OR
b. Remote Broadcast: Attend a remote broadcast conducted by Station on Friday, August 12th, 2022 from 7:00pm CT through 9:00pm CT at Rep’s Place, 3200 Kirchoff Road, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008; on Saturday, August 13th, 2022 from 7:00pm through 9:00pm at Irish Times, 8869 Burlington Avenue, Brookfield, IL 60513; on Friday, August 19th, 2022 from 5:00pm CT through 7:00pm CT at Zade’s Lounge, 22 E. Chicago Avenue, Unit 115, Naperville, IL 60540; on Saturday, August 20th, 2022 from 6:00pm through 8:00pm CT at Bedrocks and The Cave, 700 W. Jefferson Street, Shorewood, IL, 60431; on Friday, August 26th, 2022 from 7:00pm through 9:00pm CT at Whiskey River Bar and Grill, 1850 Waukegan Road, Glenview, IL 60025; on Friday, August 26th, 2022 from 7:00pm through 9:00pm at Jefferson Tap and Grille, 325 N. Jefferson Street, Chicago, IL 60661; and on Saturday, August 27th, 2022 from 9:00pm through 11:00pm at Anastasia’s Restaurant and Sports Lounge, 950 Hillside Avenue, Antioch, IL 60085 and complete an entry form. Limit one (1) entry per person per remote broadcast. All entries must be received by the deadline stated at the remote broadcast.
- Winner Selection. On or about thirty (30) minutes after each cue to text Station will select one (1) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station during the Contest Period. Each winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification or failure to claim the prize within three (3) days of verification as a winner will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. At or around 9:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Friday, August 12th, Station will select five (5) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station at the Remote Broadcast. At or around 9:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Saturday, August 13th, Station will select five (5) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station at the Remote Broadcast. At or around 7:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Friday, August 19th, Station will select five (5) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station at the Remote Broadcast. At or around 8:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Saturday, August 20th, Station will select five (5) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station at the Remote Broadcast. At or around 9:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Friday, August 26th, Station will select five (5) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station at the Remote Broadcast. At or around 9:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Friday, August 26th, Station will select five (5) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station at the Remote Broadcast. At or around 11:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Saturday, August 27th, Station will select five (5) potential winner(s) of a qualifying prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries received by Station at the Remote Broadcast
At or around 11:00pm at the Remote Broadcast on Saturday, August 27th, the Station will select one (1) grand prize winner in a random drawing from the eligible qualifiers from the contesting detailed above. Grand prize winner does not need to be present to win.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes. Two hundred thirty (230) qualifying prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each winner will receive:
two (2) tickets to one (1) but not all of the following events: Red Hot Chili Peppers at on Friday, August 19th, 2022 at Soldier Field, 1410 S. Museum Campus Drive, Chicago, IL 60605; Franz Ferdinand on Friday, August 19th, 2022 at Riviera Theatre, 4746 N. Racine Avenue, Chicago, IL 60640; Alice In Chains on Wednesday, August 24th 2022 at Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, 19100 Ridgeland Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477; Imagine Dragons on Friday, August 26th, 2022 at Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, 19100 Ridgeland Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60477; The Lumineers on Friday, September 3rd, 2022 at Wrigley Field, 1060 W. Addison Street, Chicago, IL 60613; Florence and the Machine on Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 at Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, 1300 S. Linn White Drive, Chicago, IL 60605; Odesza on Friday, September 9th, 2022 at Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, 1300 S. Linn White Drive, Chicago, IL 60605; Odesza on Saturday, September 10th, 2022 at Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, 1300 S. Linn White Drive, Chicago, IL 60605; Riot Fest on Friday, September 16th, 2022 through Sunday, September 18th, 2022 at Douglass Park, 1401 S. Sacramento Drive, Chicago, IL 60623; Panic! At The Disco on Saturday, September 17th, 2022 at United Center, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612; Matt Maeson on Thursday, October 6th, 2022 at House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60654; The Head and The Heart on Saturday, October 1st at Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, 1300 S. Linn White Drive, Chicago, IL 60605; 311 on Saturday, October 22nd, 2022 at House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60654; 311 on Sunday, October 23rd, 2022 at House of Blues, 329 N. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60654; Young The Giant on Thursday, October 27th, 2022 at Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom, 1106 W. Lawrence Avenue, Chicago, IL 60640; The Smashing Pumpkins on Saturday, November 5th, 2022 at United Center, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612; The Smashing Pumpkins on Saturday, November 5th, 2022 at United Center, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612; Arcade Fire on Saturday, November 12th, 2022 at United Center, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612; Måneskin on Thursday, November 17th, 2022 at Byline Bank Aragon Ballroom, 1106 W. Lawrence Avenue, Chicago, IL 60640; Foals on Friday, December 2nd, 2022 at Vic Theatre, 3145 N. Sheffield Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each qualifying prize ranges from THIRTY SEVEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS UP TO FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE DOLLARS AND NINETY SIX CENTS ($37.50 – $599.96).
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive:
Two (2) tickets and/or passes to each event that Station has access to for a year (Friday, September 16th
2022 – Sunday, September 17th, 2023) within the Station’s DMA, pending and subject to availability. ARV of the Grand Prize is ten thousand dollars ($10,000). ARV the Grand Prize may vary depending on the amount of shows and tickets that Station has access to throughout the year. Any difference between the above stated ARV and the actual retail value of the Grand Prize will not be awarded. Winner will be informed of the actual retail value at the end of the year 2023, once prize redemption is complete. Winner acknowledges that he/she will be provided a 1099 on the actual retail value.
TOTAL ARV OF ALL CONTEST PRIZES IS: THIRTY NINE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED FORTY EIGHT DOLLARS AND SIXTY TWO CENTS ($39,348.62).
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Winner acknowledges that there is no guarantee that tickets will be available for every concert and/or event that the Winner may want to attend. In no case will Station be required to provide tickets to any desired show/event.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, in its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
If any prize or a portion of any prize is postponed, cancelled, or otherwise unavailable due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or any Sponsor, then no substitution shall be provided. Station and any Sponsors make no representation or warranty about the safety of any prize. By accepting and using a prize, each winner acknowledges and assumes all risks of accepting and using the prize, and any other risks associated with the prize.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60611
PRIZE SPONSOR: Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 600, Chicago, IL 60611; Live Nation, 111 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60601; Messina Touring Group, 6836 Bee Cave Road, Building III, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78746; Jam Productions, 207 W. Goethe, Chicago, IL 60610; Riot Fest, P.O. Box 220350, Chicago, IL 60622